Windows 9 News and info | Forum
October 01, 2014, Loading... *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our Forum is protected by StopForumSpam and Project Honeypot

Website   Home   Windows 8 Forum Windows 9 Forum Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 not recognizing Creative SB X-fi sound card?  (Read 6585 times)
toto

United States United States

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:52:01 am »

Hi all,

i installed the windows 7 beta earlier today, all is going well except for the fact that i have no sound. my previous operating system was Windows Xp x64, and i had sound. i tried to install the driver from the x-fi cd, but it said i need APOIM? i tried to download drivers from online but the drivers were not compatible with windows 7.

i went into device manager and looked into the sound video game controllers and found that the device windows 7 was using was nvidia nforce audio tech.

my computer wasnt even recognizing the sound card, i tried refreshing for hardware changes but to no avail...

is anyone else having similar problems? is windows 7 not compatible with my sound card? any help would be appreciated!
foxhunter

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:50:52 pm »

Hi all,

i installed the windows 7 beta earlier today, all is going well except for the fact that i have no sound. my previous operating system was Windows Xp x64, and i had sound. i tried to install the driver from the x-fi cd, but it said i need APOIM? i tried to download drivers from online but the drivers were not compatible with windows 7.

i went into device manager and looked into the sound video game controllers and found that the device windows 7 was using was nvidia nforce audio tech.

my computer wasnt even recognizing the sound card, i tried refreshing for
hardware changes but to no avail...

is anyone else having similar problems? is windows 7 not compatible with my sound card? any help would be appreciated!

I'm running win7 on virtualbox had the same problem, had to change audio setting inside virtualbox and it's working fine now.   
toto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:38 am »

Hi

I got my x-fi xtremegamer card working useing the beta drivers for W7 from creative (creative sound blaster x-fi series beta driver 2.18.0008).

Have you disabled onboard sound in your bios,you computer will always go for any onboard sound divice first if not diabled. :

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=135215

i downloaded that and now i get sound from the sound card. i thought my problems were solved, however...

from itunes i get sounds...but then i dont get any sounds from firefox. if im on youtube, break, any site like that, there is no audible sound

however, there is a tiny squeeky sound that comes out, but nothing full. i tried IE and the squeeky sounds seem to be a little louder

is it the sound driver? is it firefox/IE? or did i miss a plugin..?

oh and also...i dont get any sounds from AIM as well. the problem is from AIM right?

EDIT*

now this is interesting, if i go on a movie sharing site like tvokay.com

and i click on a movie thats hosted by...megavideo...the sound is just fine...im watching van helsing right now from firefox and its all good...but for those other sites...?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:23:37 am by toto » Logged
alphao5

sacredlife79
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:14:58 am »

may sound retarded, but did u reinstall ur audio driver? sometimes somtimes magical things happen when u uninstall reboot and reinstall the driver, make sure to goto control panel and then sounds and make sure nothing is muted??
toto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:18:27 am »

may sound retarded, but did u reinstall ur audio driver? sometimes somtimes magical things happen when u uninstall reboot and reinstall the driver, make sure to goto control panel and then sounds and make sure nothing is muted??

Hum, i havent tried reinstalling it. ill give it a try...

Ya, i did that. i knew that i didnt have to because there were weird static/squeek sounds coming from videos...

THIS is really weird...

with a youtube video up, and megavideo PLAYING, sound works with youtube, with the exception of a little static

now i pause the movie playing on megavideo, sound doesnt work on youtube anymore.

and i found one video that DOES work on youtube without megavideo playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9lf3pfdGw (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

.... any ideas...?
alphao5

sacredlife79
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:57 am »

is your audio card intergrated? or is it hadware u installed via pci? try a differnt slot if its pci and reinstall the drivers, if its not try older drivers then newer drivers..... but other then that I am out of ideas....
Nornio

Australia Australia

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:41:29 am »

Window 7 is a reworking of vista deep down and uses all vista drivers if beta drivers arent right then check that the sample rate to your card is set correctly in sounds ?.
toto

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:14 am »

Me again

Just to confirm

My exact driver is SBXF_W7DRVBETA_US_2_18_0008-EXE

Found it on Creative labs website under support for my soundcard in the drivers section theres a separate section for BETA click on it and it should show this driver.

Huh, i didnt realize there was a beta tab. i downloaded it, and sound began to work!

i went into my xfi settings and set it to 5.1 surround, and it started to happen again! so that was the problem, right now its at 2.1....

thanks for the help all
daryy

Andorra Andorra

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:59:06 am »

Thsnks! Really helps!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: